02 September 2009

Chicago Baptism from 1922

This is part of the transcription of the baptismal record for Anna Apgar from Holy Rosary Church in Chicago, Illinois.

My "Casefile Clues" column which ran this week discussed how I located this record. It wasn't as easy as one might think. This article was part of a series on Anna Apgar, born in 1913 in Chicago. In upcoming issues of "Casefile Clues" I'll discuss why I think the baptism took so long (she was 9 years old) and who the sponsors were. That is not all straightforward either.

Anna married Ola Lake in 1930 and passed away in Moline, Illinois in 1987. She is my my wife's maternal grandmother.

Those who subscribe to "Casefile Clues" in the next day will get this week's article even though their subscription will start the following week.