02 April 2012

Anna Habben in 1940

This is my only great-great-grandmother alive in 1940--Anna (Fecht) Habben.


I've just posted part of the image here. She is enumerated as "Annie Hobbin" an 80-year old widow in Elvaston (Prairie Township), Hancock County, Illinois. She is listed as a German native having only attended school through the 4th grade. That most likely means she didn't attend school in the United States after her parents immigrated. Right now for my immediate family, their school attendance is the one thing I'm really learning from the 1940 census.
----------------------------------------------------------

My webinar on searching the unindexed 1940 census can be ordered here

Souce:
1940 U. S. Census, Illinois, Hancock County,Elvaston (that portion in Prairie Township),Enumeration District 34-27, sheet 2B, household 50, Annie Hobbin household; digital image, National Archives (http://www.nara.gov : accessed 2 April 2012). That's not quite perfect Evidence Explained form, but I'll clean them up later.