25 May 2012

Can't Ancestry.com Set Some Parameters?

I ran across this entry on the Ancestry.com trees today. Isn't there some way that the online trees can be sent to not accept data like this? Most programs have some type of "self-check" to prevent having children born before their parents.


I've stripped the names to protect the compiler, but really there should be some checks involved so that entries like this aren't in trees. I mean, aren't computers supposed to be capable of catching this type of mistakes? I thought that was something programming could do--catch data entry errors where children are born before their parents.

Users should get an error message or when this type of information is entered.

In fact, I'd rather see improvements in that regard instead of more leaf improvements.