03 April 2013

Two More Concerns About the ELCA Records at Archives.com

This will be short and hopefully I am overlooking something.

At this point, in the ELCA records at the Archives.com website, I am unable to:

  • easily determine what churches are in the database
  • determine what time period the records actually cover
From the perspective of conducting sound genealogical research, this makes effective use of the records difficult, makes the adequate citing of research problematic, and does not easily allow me to know whom I should really expect from the database.

There's another word that applies, but I'll leave that up to the reader to discern.

Don't get me wrong---I love having these images available and the price is not bad. But the way in which these records are distributed by Archives.com to the user needs to be modified. My previous post can be viewed here