27 August 2013

Do Databases Evaporate at FamilySearch?

As of today (3:50 pm Central Time), there are a total of 743 database collections in the United States section of FamilySearch:

I don't take a screen shot every day, but I do look at the list on a very regular basis so that I can post updates.

For some reason, I seem to remember that there were 744 collections for the longest time. The ending digits of "44" are "stuck in my head."

Am I wrong? Or were there only 743 collections?

I'm going to have to take more screen shots.


4 comments:

Harold Henderson said...

LOL, I just saw and thought the same thing. No screen shot here either, though. I wonder which one got yanked?

Harold

Bubba said...

At least I'm not the only one who noticed. I thought I was dreaming. I've got no idea which one was pulled-and the chance I guess right is slim.

Lisa S. Gorrell said...

Maybe two databases where combined.

Geolover said...

Databases do indeed disappear. The Lyman Draper Collection images were yanked a few months ago -- I deeply regret that I did not "strike while the iron is hot" since my local library's holding of this collection is only about 50% of the fiches (and not the ones I am interested in).